Read Skydive Moab™ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it safe to skydive at Skydive Moab?
All of our skydiving instructors have undergone rigorous training and national USPA certification. We are proud to be a United States Parachute Association (USPA) enhanced group member drop zone and we strictly adhere to all FAA and USPA guidelines on safety.
In fact, we are the only accredited USPA drop zone in Moab, and safety is our top priority. All of our tandem/student parachutes are equipped with a computerized Automatic Activation Device (AAD), called either Vigil or a CYPRES, which stands for Cybernetic Parachute Release System.
Although it is the skydiver's responsibility to deploy their parachute, the AAD is designed to activate the parachute automatically should the skydiver be incapable to do so. The United States Parachute Association (USPA) keeps detailed safety records and is a great resource to check out if you are concerned about the safety of skydiving.
- What do I need to do to skydive? It's as easy as making a phone call! Call us at 435-259-JUMP (5867) and we will take your name, address, phone number and a $75 credit card deposit. On the day of your jump, bring your ID, comfortable clothes (we will provide you with a jumpsuit if needed) and sneakers (not sandals).
- Do I need a reservation to skydive? It is recommended to have a reservation, but walk-ins are always welcome. Scheduled students take priority over walk-ins, so it's aways a good idea to call first to see what are schedule looks like.
- How far in advance should I schedule my skydive?
We recommend scheduling about 2 to 3 days in advance, for groups of 5 or more people 1 week, but call 435-259-JUMP for availability. We may have openings for you to jump today!
- What time can I skydive?
We have scheduled classes 7 days a week:
Mar 1st – Apr 1st: 10am,11am, 12pm, 1pm and 2pm
Apr 1st - May 1st: 9 am, 10am, 11 am, 12pm and 1pm
May 1st - Sep 1st: 7am,8am, 9am, 10am, 11am and noon
Sep 1st - Nov 1st: 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am and noon
- How do I make a reservation to skydive in Moab?
Just call us at 435 259 JUMP! We will take a $75 deposit for each jumper and put you into one of our regularly scheduled classes. Deposits will ONLY be deducted if you fail to show up for the class. We understand that things come up during your trip so we have a 48 hour cancelation policy.
- How many people can jump at one time / I want to jump with my friend - can we both be on the same plane?
Up to 2 tandems will be on each load. So yes, you can jump with your friend.
- Do you have group rates?
Yes, click here to see our tandem group rates.
- Does Skydive Moab sell skydiving through other vendors?
Yes, Skydive Moab only sells Skydiving through a few vendors, call us for details?
- Can my friend and I be on the same video?One person's freefall will be on each video. However, footage is usually taken of groups or couples on the ground, in the plane and after your jump. Just ask your videographer.
- What if it rains on the day I'm scheduled to jump?If the weather does not permit safe jumping, we will reschedule for another time or give you a full
refund if you can't reschedule.
Cancellations, Refunds & Rescheduling
- What is your refund policy?
If you cannot jump that day, you can reschedule your skydive or get a full refund.
- What is your cancellation policy?We ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice to cancel or change a reservation. Canceling or
rescheduling less than 48 hours before your class date will result in a $35 administrative fee per person on top of the $75 non-refundable deposit. Please understand that our instructors have been scheduled to accommodate your reservation.
- Are there any age restrictions at Skydive Moab?You must be at least 18 years old. Parents cannot sign for jumpers under 18 years of age under any circumstances. We have no upper age limit. You are never too old to experience the thrill of skydiving! An 80th birthday is as good of a reason to skydive as an 18th birthday is!
- Is there a weight limit for skydiving at Skydive Moab?Yes, we do have a weight limit of 250 Lbs at Skydive Moab and there are some restrictions to those that are over 200 Lbs. Please call us at 435-259-JUMP if you have questions.
- I have never made a skydive before, do I have to do a tandem jump?
Yes, at Skydive Moab we require your first jump to be a tandem.
- Can I jump naked?Ask your instructor.